Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Dinosaur Life

Motion City Soundtrack's 4th release and most current release, "My Dinosaur Life" may turn out to be my favorite of the bunch.

Make no mistake about it, this is another power-pop album that's catchy as ever and Justin Pierre's "quirkiness" is at an all time high. After four albums one would assume this man has zero self-esteem. His "quirkiness" has not diminished as that is the ever-trend he tries to exude. He claims in the first single "Her Words Destroyed My Planet" that he "quit smoking weed" but I don't buy it...

The album is great, my favorites include the above mentioned, Worker Bee, Disappear, Delirium, Hysteria and @!#?@!. I personally feel that the song "History Lesson" would be much better if performed by Flogging Molly.

Below is them performing on Jimmy Fallon (just click on the last hash mark as the performance is always the last thing on late night tv. I'd like to see that change, but that's another conversation for another time...)



And below is the official music video if above is too much work...

3 comments:

For Alej said...

it blows my mind that he's still okay with his hair looking the way it does.

Graber said...

i don't know... you know im a fan of hair, i've always felt like he could get away with it. maybe im just in a rebellious hair phase...

Jenny said...

If that's the single, I like that they went with a different sound, finally. All of their singles have been awesome, but they all sound the same. I think Commit This To Memory is their best album ever, so I'm interested to see how this measures up. In other news, I picked up the Riverboat Gamblers' newest album yesterday, and it's pretty awesome.