Tuesday, January 19, 2010

One Year?!

Exactly one year ago at this very moment (10:30am) as the world excitedly watched and waited for an eight year mistake to end with the inauguration of Barack Obama, I was sitting on the couch in my Dad's living room lost in complete shock. I had just been laid-off, downsized, become a victim of the economy, blah blah blah. I had my Dad read the papers they gave me which was basically what my severance package was going to look like. He said, "sign here."

I was then signed up for a 6-month paid vacation. Sweet. As upset and confused as I was, little did I know I'd have the most incredible year. I went to Colorado, Florida, Arizona and NY/NJ. I started riding this pedicab thing and I think we all know how awesome that turned out to be.

Being forced out of that job definitely led me to be a happier person. People once again enjoyed being around me (for the most part). Furthermore my hours were human again and that was a big part in helping me to maintain some sort of semblance of a social life. It felt real good.

Dudes - the road trip. I mean, stellar year.

So now I find myself sort of in the same place as last March. I'm sort of sitting around riding some pedicab here and there, but this time I got no paychecks coming my way and I'm sitting around at my parents house, not my own place.

I'm craving to get out. Not because living here sucks or I'm unhappy about it, I'm craving that independence. So long story short, I need a job. Preferably in DC. It doesn't have to be full-time necessarily because I want to ride the pedicab again this summer, make stupid money and stay fit.

Either way, I look forward to another awesome 365 days which will undoubtedly be different from the last 365. That's a good thing though because if every year is like the last, especially at this point in life, it's going to get boring.

No comments: