Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Mini Road Trip - South Carolina(ish)

My consolation prize for smashing my car and messing up my buddy's vacation plans was a nice little rental Hyndai Accent that the insurance company covered most of, for 7 days. So he and I went down to his Dad's house on Dawtaw Island in South Carolina (just outside Beaufort). It's essentially a retirement(ish) country club community. It takes about 9 - 10 hours depending on how strong your need to stop at South Of The Border is...

The car ride there and back wasn't bad at all as it was filled with Animaniacs sing-a-longs, revisitng albums of our youth, rap battles and some smelly farts. But in total I put over 1,600 miles on that little car. I'd recommend checking it out if you need to buy a little cheap car.

One day we golfed, one day we went to Charleston and the following day to Savannah, Georgia. All in all it was a good time. Pictures are on facebook for your conmsumption.

The one thing I do need to point out is the BBQ we had. Amazing stuff. A la Veggie Booty:

Don't worry I put hot sauce on it. And I did this to it:


I guess thats not really healthy living, huh? If I lived in Beaufort, SC I would weigh approximatley 400 lbs. I'd also be a redneck hillbilly who knows nothing of the world and hates that Tiger Woods guy in the oval office... but fortunatley I'm not.

Also, the road trip is being re-thought / re-tooled - not all hope is dead yet. Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Emma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
veggiebooty said...

Hahaha, thanks, Grabes!

mamadenise1012 said...

"that Tiger Woods guy in the oval office" hahaha, that's great.