Thursday, November 12, 2009

Bored To Death

The first season of Bored To Death just rapped on HBO.

At first I was very hesitant about this series because it stars Jason Schwartzman. He plays a writer who tries his hand at being a private investigator via craigslist. He annoys the crap out of me. After seeing the series I can say that I believe he's typecast and still annoys the crap out of me. However, this annoyance is incredibly more tolerable in this role than other so far.

The two supporting roles make this show! Zack Galifianakis plays the struggling artist best friend and Ted Danson plays the big suit Alec Baldwin, 30Rock-ish boss. They are super fantastic. I always like Ted Danson - Becker is/was a great TV show no matter what you think.

This show had a solid plot line with a disappointing cameo by mac nerd favorite John Hodgman. If nothing else, white wine and weed will always make for a humorous running joke. I'd reccomend this show to you.

2 comments:

For Alej said...

i love jason schwartzman. just saying.
i also agree completely about ted (although, not becker. kim did use to watch it at 94 easton though. i just never have)--it's like the tude/persona he's always projected has finally caught up with his age and it's perfect.

aside from that i liked this show when i watched it but couldn't be bothered to go out of my way to remember to do so on a consistant basis.

Kface said...

jason schwartzman is definitely on my five. not above zooey deschanel, but still. on there.