Monday, October 26, 2009

Gaslight Anthem/Murder By Death/Loved Ones - 9:30 Club - Washington D.C.

Anything I could write would not be as succinct or accurate as what Andy wrote.
Same show, but in D.C with my buddy Ross. Good times all around!

A few things I want to mention in bullet format:
  • I feel like I've seen this show a million times and I'm always uber-excited to see it again.
  • Holy crap Dave Hause has hair?! And a lot of it too. We thought he was balding so he just made an effort to shave what little he had all the time. We were wrong - dude's hair is wild.
  • Every time I see The Loved Ones live, I love them even more and Andy is right when he says it's probably the best set I've ever seen them play.
  • I forget on which song by former Loved Ones bassist, Mike "Spider" Cotterman came out and played on maybe Arsenic or Player Hater Anthem. Shit was solid.
  • This was the first time I've seen Murder By Death live and their singer's voice does not match his look at all. Very interesting, just bizarre.
  • They turned the sound way up for Gaslight which kinda distorted it which was upsetting. But either way they're playing to bigger crowds who know their music and it almost feels like maybe when you've realized that you're baby has grown up. Andy has it right when he says that they need to play more from Sink and Swim.

No comments: