Sunday, July 19, 2009

6 Months!

Crazy. Today marks the end of my official relationship with Clear Channel Communications as it has been 6 months since they let me go. Those suckers have been paying me for the past 6 months!

If I had to rank it, I'd say that the last 6 months have been the best 6 months of my life. Everything I've done I can chalk up to life experience. I did the podcast, I went to Colorado, Arizona, Florida and NJ/NYC a few times. I started riding pedicab too which has been crazy fun and something completley different. In addition to the ridculous amounts of money I've been able to make on the cab, I've lost 30 pounds. It feels great!

If this hadn't happened, I wouldn't have been able to do any of the above and the coolest thing that would have happened to me would have been meeting Joe Perry from Aerosmith and I would have had to go into the station on a weekend...lame.

So am I bitter and upset at Clear Channel. Hell no. I remember when Ballard and I were sitting in the studio and we were reading somewhere online about the severance packages that were going to be given. I forget where this was posted but when I saw 6 months full pay, I raised my hand as if to say, "oooo pick me, pick me." They picked me alright, and sure I was upset, who wouldn't be? But as I think I've made it clear that it's been a blessing on my soul and body.

I hope I'll get to do a few more awesome things before I snag another full-time gig... I'm open to suggestions and we'll see what happens. I'm so not worried that maybe I should be worried about not being worried. Now I'm just confused...

So I've applied to some jobs which sound exciting and as Homer Simpson once said, "And now we play the waiting game." About 15 seconds later he added, "Oh the waiting game sucks, let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos!!!"

No comments: