Friday, June 26, 2009

I Will Never Be A Bum

Bum life has always intrigued me. No one gives those guys crap for wearing the same clothes on consecutive days and rent is always really cheap with a great view of the stars.

But over the last couple of weeks, I've been spending my time the way I originally thought my unemployed severance collecting days were going to be spent: doing nothing.

Two weeks ago, it rained constantly down here in DC (similar to the way New Yorkers are crying right now) and I didn't go into town to ride the pedicab. I worked for a few days, and then I went to the old dermatologists office on Tuesday. He removed something from the bottom of my foot with liquid nitrogen. If you have never experienced the joy of having liquid nitrogen sprayed against your flesh, I highly recommend you avoid at all costs.

After you're sprayed with said liquid nitrogen, it hurts and then eventually creates a blister. A massive, fucking painful blister, especially if it's in the middle of the bottom of your foot. The only way to describe what it looked like at its worst is a bloody blueberry stuck to my foot.

So I went down to the pedicab shop to hopefully work the Nationals/Red Sox game on Tuesday but after taking 3 or 4 pedals I realized it hurt too bad. It is now Friday and I know I won't even be able to work tomorrow. I'm especially upset because we knew that the 3 games the Red Sox were in town were going to be huge. Big Money.

Turns out, the Sox helped set a new attendance record THREE FUCKING NIGHTS IN A ROW -
41,517, 41,530 and 41,985. Holy crap I'm not happy.

But back to the original point, I've been at home watching movies, soccer and playing video games and I'm bored as shit! I'll always have want and urge to work to avoid this kind of boredom...

The dermatologist assured me that I'd be able to bike that night. I'm going to punch him in his stupid face the next time I see him.

No comments: