Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Wrestler

If you ask me in a week who Mickey Rourke is, chances are I'll tell you he's an old school wrestler from the 80s who went by the nickname, "The Ram." He was that convincing.



This is the first movie I've ever seen with an ending that doesn't wrap everything up into neat little pieces that I don't hate. I'm completley fine with it. This movie is fantastic!

Marisa Tomei, who knew? She looked pretty good. I didn't realize until the credits, but his daughter was played by Evan Rachel Wood who looked real young. But this movie was about Mickey all the way through.

Let me just take a minute to talk about the last and possibly only wrestling movie I've seen: Ready To Rumble - the one with David Arquette. Hysterical, absolutely great. That's all I have to say.

Everything about The Wrestler is so great that I don't believe I've said a constructive thing in this post. Go see this movie.

No comments: