Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Yule Logs. Seriously, What The Hell?

I don't understand a lot about the Christmas season. Most of it doesn't bother me either. It's not my holiday and I don't really care why people chop down trees and drag them into their homes, or obsess over a fat man in a red suit with a way cooler beard than mine, all to celebrate the birth of Jesus.

But what the hell is the deal with the fake Yule Log/virtual fireplace thing?


It's a fake fire I get that. But why bother? Clearly you don't have a fireplace if you're using that, but maybe you should just deal. Is a fireplace really what defines Xmas? Unfortunately, some kids don't get toys but they deal. You go out and buy a $10 DVD to simulate a fire?

I don't own a Corvette, but I also don't go out an buy a fake one to simulate the feeling that I do.

(If you'd like to get a "Down with the fake Yule Log" movement going, holler at me.)

No comments: