Friday, December 26, 2008

2008 Music In Review

I thought I wasn't going to do this for 2008, not such a strong year... HOWEVER... I will continue to use the format created for 2007.

Best Album Of The Year
The Gaslight Anthem - The '59 Sound

3 Fantastic Albums
The Loved Ones - Build & Burn

Girl Talk - Feed The Animals

Murder By Death - Red of Tooth and Claw

Best Song
The Loved Ones - Louisiana - Build & Burn

Biggest Disappointment
Rise Against - Appeal To Reason

Most Intriguing
The Nightwatchman/Tom Morello - The Fabled City

Best Soundtrack
The Pineapple Express

Album I Wish I Could Have Loved
Weezer - Weezer (The Red Album)

Album I Don't Own But Want
The Hold Steady - Stay Positive (I will remedy this today)

Best Show
The Gaslight Anthem/Let Me Run/(Some Dudes) - Rutgers University - ##/##/##???

Happy New Year everyone and fuck the Grammys!

1 comment:

Emma said...

I'm glad Girl Talk made the list. We were just listening to it yesterday with Seth, Adam's brother, who originally introduced us to the album.