Monday, July 14, 2008

Movies Movies Everywhere

As we prepare for the completley nerd-awesome induced opening of The Dark Knight this Thursday/Friday, I can say with confidence that I will not be at the midnight show. I will also not be at the 3AM showing, or the 6AM showing. Will it be awesome? Yes. Will I have to wait a week or two at this point to see it? Probably. I want to see it in IMAX or at the uptown theater, which is a giant massive huge screen in DC for those of you who are not familiar.

Anyways...

Hancock:
My Will Smith theory continues to hold true. In short, Will Smith plays Will Smith in every movie he's in. The movie was only kind of ehhhh, some cool stuff happened, but what I liked most about it was that the trailers didn't ruin everything. There was a major plot twist that happened which was never revealed until you were halfway through the movie. No stupid trailer ruined it. And for that, I'm grateful.

Wanted:
Wanted is easily one of the most violent films I've ever seen in my life. There were some stupid-crazy action scenes but for the most part completely over the top. There were some definitley cool effects. I think it's similar to Snakes on a Plane in that they knew it was ridiculous, but then took complete advantage of it. Jolie was smoking hot in it, and all I want in life is one of those regeneration pools. The hands down coolest 10 seconds of cinema this summer happen in the movie when the main character hits his best friend in the face with his keyboard. They zoom in on the bloodied keys flying off his face and naturally they read, "Fuck You." The U is his tooth too....Awwwwesome!!!!
And here it is... sorry if I am ruing it for you.


Hellboy II:
See Hellboy I. stop there. (For a movie tagged, The Golden Army, you see maybe 10 minutes worth of actual Golden Army-age)

Movies still to see this summer:

  • Wall-E (I only hear good things. The bad things are coming from conservatives who are afraid to embrace peace and the realization that we are ruining the planet...mainly by blogging)
  • The Dark Knight. I'm sure you've heard of it by now...
  • Step Brothers.
  • Pineapple Express. Is it bad, that I'd rather be at the midnight screening of this??? Huey Lewis and the News totally do the theme song... it's gonna be sweet, no questions about it.
Good talk.

2 comments:

mamadenise1012 said...

I wish the Hancock trailer had revealed the plot twist b/c the movie became so stupid after that, I was sorry I had gone to see it!

If you want to see Will Smith playing someone else, rent Six Degrees of Separation, which he made before he became a *STAR*.

jess perry! said...

wall-e is super cute and good but youre not missing anything by putting off seeing it.

i really hope you've seen forgetting sarah marshall by now as i read blog entries that i've neglected over the past months because i'm a douche.

fucking the dark knight is the shit.
there's really no other way to put it.

and i fucking can't handle teeth but that was definitely the best part of wanted.
angelina jolie sucks. she was way too emaciated to be an assassin of any sort.