Tuesday, June 17, 2008

If You Say "Hulk" Over and Over Again, It Starts To Sound Funny

I'm fortunate enough to be on a run where I'm seeing movie I do not enjoy. The plan was to see Iron Man, but that was sold out, even after being out for a month or so. So we saw the new Hulk with Ed Norton and my baby, Liv Tyler. She's hot.

Two words: "Hulk Smash."

Cameos by Lou Ferrigno and Stan Lee were brief and mildly entertaining. I think the best part about the movie was the big fight scene between the Hulk and the other Hulk like creature Liv Tyler. Like I said before, she's hot.

From what I gather, Ed Norton, my homeboy, feuded with the studio on the editing and then threatened to not do publicity if he wasn't happy with the final cut. I think they did just fine. Ed's gonna make a ton of cash and it felt right. I'd also like to point out that the viewer isn't subjected to long, and may I add, boring, back story of how Bruce Banner becomes the Hulk. That I really did like.

So in the end, if I had a rating system, I'd kick my own ass. It was solid.

No comments: