Sunday, February 3, 2008

Strange Wilderness

The recipe didn’t look good. It looked delicious! Ingredients: a Happy Madison Production, Director: Fred Wolf, Steve Zahn, Jonah Hill, Justin Long, Allen Covert, Jake Abel (Buzz from the Home Alone installments), and the token hot chick. How did it taste?

It tasted like I cooked it, and I cannot cook well. Disappointment is the key word here. I was expecting Thanksgiving Dinner, but got microwaved peeps. (Last food analogy I promise) Such I laughed a lot, but it was missing something: Witty Humor.

Jonah Hill was probably the biggest disappointment since I am such a huge fan of his body of work, and he just didn’t deliver. It could have been the shaggy writing, or the awful accent they made him use, but either way, I’m not happy.

These were the same people that made Grandma’s Boy. When I saw Grandma’s Boy I knew instantly from scene 1 that I had stumbled across a GEM. It was fucking brilliant. But this didn’t live up to the hype.

For those who haven’t seen it: If you are interested, see it but then never mention it ever again.

No comments: