Saturday, December 29, 2007

2007 Music In Review

I’m not doing any numerical lists this year, probably because there weren’t that many albums I loved.

Best Album of the Year
Against Me! – New Wave
This choice is so obvious it hurts. The CD has lived in my car since September and is probably one of my favorite albums of all time at this point. I honestly think it has changed the way I listen to music and I cannot say enough good things about it. Every song whoops major ass. That’s how you make an album.

3 Fantastic Albums
Motion City Soundtrack – Even If It Kills Me

The Gaslight Anthem – Sink or Swim

Jimmy Eat World – Chase This Light

Best Song
Bright Eyes – Four Winds - Cassadaga

Biggest Disappointment
TIE!
Foo Fighters – Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace
Reel Big Fish – Monkeys For Nothin’ And The Chimps For Free

Most Intriguing
The White Stripes – Icky Thump

Best Soundtrack
Across The Universe

Album I Wished I Could Have Loved
Bad Religion – New Maps of Hell

Album I Don’t Own But Want
Bright Eyes - Cassadaga

Best Show
2/10/07- The Loved Ones / Zolof the Rock and Roll Destroyer / The Ergs – Asbury Park Fast Lanes

2nd Best Show
11/13/07 – Against Me! / Sage Francis / World Inferno Friendship Society – 9:30 Club

Happy New Year everyone and fuck the Grammys!

2 comments:

Claire said...

Yeah Bright Eyes, Four Winds. That song rocks, and you should absolutely get the album--I love it! Happy New Year Graber!

Allie said...

i went with you to the loved ones/zolof show...GREAT show...good times